When you think of skin care products, sensual oil sprays and hot cocoa, what is the one thing that is present in all three? If it’s the average product, not much, but when you take a look at the marijuana market, they all have one thing. And it’s CBD coconut oil!
Coconut Oil’s Popularity
You can find coconut oil in topicals, edibles and even skin care products. Why is it so popular? Here are a few reasons that answer that question. If you don’t know where to start, you can try https://puresourceextracts.com/
Coconut oil contains high concentrations of saturated fats or fatty acids. These are great for binding together with the cannabinoids like CBD or THC. That’s quite a lot of fatty acids, considering that coconut oil has over 80% of it while olive oil only has less than 20%! This means a lot more cannabinoids can be retained when you extract CBD products, making them a lot more effective when it comes to therapeutic benefits.
Coconut Oil’s Medicinal Properties and Usage
Like CBD, coconut has its own healing benefits that can be found in the acids it contains. One example is lauric acid. When this acid is digested, it can create a mono glyceride which can work against microbes in your body. This is just one of the many healthy acids in coconut oil, making it a better option compared to canola oil or butter.
When cannabinoids are extracted with coconut oil as a medium, the CBD product will not liquefy when you put it in room temperature. This makes it much more versatile as a medium, making it great for topical products. You can even store the CBD oil in gel capsules, which is rising in popularity as a CBD product.
They are not as complex as other products, and you can even make these in the comforts of your home. The ingredients for CBD oil gel capsules can be bought online or at pharmacies. This makes for a great do-it-yourself project for cannabis connoisseurs.
Making CBD Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is very easy to use when it comes to making CBD products. It is not expensive and you can buy it almost any place. You also need only a couple of ingredients to infuse the CBD into the coconut oil. Here’s a great recipe for CBD coconut oil you can try at home.
- 1 cup, coconut oil
- 14 grams, high-CBD strain ground cannabis flower
- Cheese cloth or strainer
- Wash rag
- Use your grinder to grind the herb. Do it just right or else you will end up with a powder much too fine that will go through the strainer.
- Add the cannabis to a glass jar. Put the coconut oil in the jar, too. Close the lid tightly and shake.
- Get your pot and place a wash rag at the pot’s bottom. Pour in around two to three inches of water. Put the jar that contains the mixture of coconut oil and herb in the pot. Cover it and let it simmer for two to three hours. Make sure you do not leave it to avoid evaporation of the water. If you need to put in more water, do so. Don’t let it get to hot either!
- Let the mixture cool down when it’s done simmering. You can strain it with the use of a strainer or cheese cloth into a separate glass jar or bottle.
- Make sure you keep this stored in a dark and cool place.
When you’re done infusing herb into the coconut oil, you have so many uses for it. The coconut oil can be a great inclusion to your savory dishes and sweet treats. If you mix it with aloe or beeswax, you can make your very own CBD topical. For the experimental, the oil can even be used as a great lubricant for bedtime adventures. Why not try out a bulletproof coffee with CBD oil? Check out this Pure Source Extracts CBD Information. If you plan on taking it orally for therapeutic purposes, you can keep them in capsules to assure proper dosage.